Sunday, April 12, 2009

When You're Alone, You're Not Really Alone

I try to keep this blog non-denominational. But it is Easter. And I know times are tough for a lot of people right now, so I just had to share this very timely message with you.

For those whose faith differs from mine, the man speaking in this video is Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. He is an Apostle of Jesus Christ and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Even if you don't believe the way I do, I still think you should watch this video. His message is centered on Christ and the blessings we are all privileged to due to the sacrifice of our Savior.



I am so grateful for the gift Jesus Christ has bestowed upon us all. Even when things are hard and I do feel down, I know that He is there. That He alone knows how to comfort me completely and how to make me whole because He voluntarily experienced all the pain and suffering you and I will ever go through. He offers me constant comfort and love. All I have to do is be willing to accept it. And He won't ever leave me alone.

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that because of Him, we will all live again as well. That principle was especially sweet to me this Easter as I taught it to Sweet P and Little M. I told them that I know that Jesus made it possible for us to be a family forever. And for that I am inexpressibly and overwhelmingly grateful. What greater joy can I experience than to know that my babies can be united to me and HH forever and ever?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks, Cheryl. What greater joy indeed?! Even when our children are no longer babies, what greater joy than to know that we can be together eternally?! I am learning a lot from Elder Holland's message and appreciate you posting this link to your blog. The message of Easter is one to remember every day.

love you!