Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

This is Cheryl's mom, just letting you know that she and her family have arrived at their new location, safe and sound. After a trip across the country and a short visit with family in the West, they headed back across the country to begin their new adventure in the Midwest.

Unfortunately, they are without internet access. So you will not receive one of her amazing posts today. She is still in hopes that someone will be a guest host, and if you would like to be that someone, please send an email to the address in her previous email. Thanks!

You and I know that if she did have access to the internet she would somehow manage to publish a great post that would uplift and encourage all of us. She would somehow manage to do that in spite of the fact that her children are very very ill, that she just finished driving for 20+ hours, that she's just arrived in a new location where she's never been before, and that most of her belongings are in boxes in an interim apartment that isn't quite big enough. That's who she is. And you're probably just like her.

A quick note because it's Mother's Day. As a mother, I am always in awe of my children. It seems to me that they are at least 999 times as good at parenting as I ever was. It also seems like it's at least 999 times as difficult to be a parent today. I don't think there are very many responsibilities that are as important as raising and nurturing children. Parenting requires a lot of hard work and sacrifice. It requires dedication and love. It requires patience, endurance, optimism, vision, and faith. It requires commitment to try again when things don't go the way we'd like, or when we aren't all we'd like to be. Knowing that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father encourages us to follow His example. And it guides us in parenting decisions. I promise that every effort you make will be richly rewarded.

So, to all of you who are parents now, or hope to be parents someday, a great big THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS for the job you're doing. And to all you moms and future moms, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Someday your little ones will grow up to be just as awesome as mine.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a very nice post Aunt Linda! I enjoyed it.

Nikki said...

You did a fantastic job raising such a wonderful woman (and if I met your other children I am sure I would say the same thing about them too).

Happy Mother's day to you!

Belkycita said...

Mom! I love it!
Thanks for taking a turn,
Love you.

Amy said...

Mom,
Great job! Love you.

Meg said...

I'm so proud to be able to say that you are my Mom. And by the way, there may be 999 times more things to do- but you are still a parent and you are doing all of them! So good job. :) I love you.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mom. You made me cry. But in a good way.

I learned from THE BEST.

I love you.