Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 83: Let Me 'Splain

No, there is too much.  Let me sum up.  Buttercup is marry Humperdink in a little less than half an hour.  So, all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I  kill Count Rugen.

Oh, wait.  Wrong sum up.

Okay, so Sunday the kids had a recital.  I had documentary issues, so nothing here, by way of visual fun.  But Sweet P and Little M did great.  And we had a house full of friends and family to support them.  And it made me really happy and grateful.  For the kids' hours of practicing and the audience.  And my own hours of practice.

Just being honest.

Monday we had a sort of awesome Family Home Evening.  That happens about once a millennium.  So, this was exciting.  It was the lesson that was supposed to happen last week.  But, remember, I was at Urgent Care.  I'd had the kids read this article, after a discussion earlier regarding people who choose to leave the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, even after once having a testimony.  I wanted them to know how they can avoid this and maintain their testimonies of Jesus Christ.  So, I told them to read and star sections they liked and circle words and parts they didn't understand.  It was definitely a longer lesson than usual, but it went so well because the kids already knew what I was talking about and we had a really great discussion.

Tuesday--I can't really remember.  I'm pretty sure I took a couple naps while my mom took care of everything and everyone.  Oh, and I took a quick trip to Target pharmacy for a refill and to grab a couple essentials before the snow storm.

Wednesday was a snow day.  I'm so grateful this happened while Grandma was here.  It was so much fun for all of them.  I, was at a doctor's office.  And then the Target pharmacy for a new prescription.  Only they didn't have it on hand.  It would come in the next day.  But, the good news is the doctor is a new psychiatrist.  And he is the exact opposite of every other psychiatrist I've ever been to.  I had two questions I wanted answered.  He answered them both with far more thoroughness than I expected.  Or even hoped for.  Maybe this is a tad excessive, but he made me feel like I'm kind of a normal person.  A normal for for a person with mental illness.  And he provided a bit of hope.  Always appreciated.

Thursday--More naps.  And another trip to Target pharmacy.  Yeah.  For real.

Friday--Started with a trip to Target pharmacy.  Stay tuned for the rest.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Now this makes me laugh - You were probably Target's best customer that week - or at least most frequest customer. Hoepfully things have slowed down in the rx department?