Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 1: Re-Starting Over

Yeah, you read that right.

Time to begin again.

I've been feeling that I needed to start this up again for a few weeks now.  But, I was afraid of the commitment.  Shocking for someone as in love with commitment as I am, I know.

But, the feeling isn't going away.

So, here goes.  Another 1,000 Days of Joy.


While watching Darling A stuff her face with noodles was really fun and entertaining, it's not the Joyful Moment I'm choosing to share for today.

Today's Joyful Moment was found in becoming friends with a couple of the neighbor children as I drove them to and from school today.  They moved in a couple weeks ago, and unfortunately, their mom's car broke down, leaving them stranded and unable to get to school.

I won't say that this demand didn't add some stress.  But, in the actual moment of service, it was nice to help them out.  And, as I said, become friends.  And they are good kids and did a good job of expressing gratitude which always makes doing someone a favor that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It sounds like their misfortune was a blessing in disguise for you as well as them. I love it when that happens!