Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 71: High Praise

Today was a busy day.

And I did more than I'm supposed to while trying to recover from adrenal fatigue.  But, some days are that way.  I know that's life.

We were having guests for dinner, so when Darling A woke up and wouldn't let me set her down, I got pretty stressed out.  After carrying her around for a while, trying to do everything one-handed, you'll never guess what finally made her happy.


It took quite a bit of effort on her part to finally communicate to me that this is what she wanted.  Just to help me clean.  And don't worry--in addition to being closed, that bottle merely holds water, vinegar, and essential oils.  And that rag looks frayed, but it's clean.  And this made her happy for some time.  And then she decided to go downstairs and play with her siblings.

Which made me happy.

And allowed me to finish making dinner without feeling guilty.

The missionaries and a really good friend of mine came to dinner.  And the compliments with dinner got a little crazy at times.  But my favorite was when a new missionary declared, "This is the best homemade bread I've ever had."

He has no idea just how much that will make me happy, probably for forever.

And then they asked my friend if he wanted to know more about what we believe.  He's already expressed interest, which is why we had them all over for dinner in the first place.  And the evening went really well.  I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring him what he is looking for in his life right now.  And it makes me happy to be able to be a part of sharing it with him.  And that it appears to already be helping him.

So, it was a really good night all around.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.

No comments: