Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 77: Therapy Thursday!

That exclamation point is what I call "punctuation sarcasm".

Because I had two (as in 2) therapy appointments today.

Because I've sort of really been struggling lately.

And my therapist was kind of concerned.

HH came with me the second time around.  So, I had to ask a friend for a last minute baby sitting favor.  After briefly explaining what and why I needed it, she reached out and gave me a big hug.  I was so stressed out, the hug initially caught me off guard.  But then, it meant so much.  Just that extra gesture of caring.

HH's presence at my appointment was really helpful.  Like the hug, I didn't realize just how helpful right away.  As the night wore on, I just felt more and more like an enormous weight was lifting off my shoulders.  And tonight, I felt happier than I have in a few weeks.

So nice.


No comments: