Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 80: Leaving, But Not Really

Came across this this morning:


I can't tell you how much I love moments like this.

I think I mentioned that they realigned the boundaries for the congregations in our area.  Today was our last Sunday with our former ward members.  It was kind of bittersweet.  It's nice to attend church with people you know and love.  But fortunately, we're not actually going anywhere and I see my friends more at the gym than at church.

But, people still treated it like a 'good bye'.  Which was sad and it was kind of nice having everyone tell me how much they care.

And I had the opportunity to reciprocate and express appreciation for so many who have buoyed me up and served me in so many ways.  It was a really nice thing.

And apparently, exhausting.  Because I went to bed at 7:45.

No comments: