Monday, January 4, 2010

2010... Are You Sure?

Wow. I can't believe it's already the new year. Doesn't it feel like we just barely hit Y2K? Maybe that's just me.

Sorry about the no-show last Monday. We were out of town and things were unbelievably chaotic. So, it just didn't happen. Obviously. And you may have thought today would be a repeat. Sorry it's so late! But I had to get some serious unpacking and cleaning and organizing done before I could allow myself to turn on my computer.

Anyway, those of you who have been reading my blog for at least a year may remember that I pick an annual theme for each year, in lieu of setting New Year's Resolutions. It just works better for me that way.

Last year's theme was Compassion. I made progress, but I'm not as satisfied as I was in 2008 with my progress on Commitment. I kind of forgot about it for the middle part of the year, with the unexpected move and all. So, I'm going to continue working on Compassion this year.

But don't worry, I'm not letting myself off the hook that easy. I'm picking a real theme as well. Actually, I didn't really pick it. For the last couple months I've felt very strongly that Patience is what I need to choose and work on. And I have a sneaky suspicion that the year will provide me with plenty of opportunities to do just that.

So Patience is my theme for 2010 and Compassion is sort of like a Minor theme, or something. We're only 4 days into the year and already I have had some great opportunities to practice both. It's definitely still a work in progress.

How about you? What are you plans for 2010? Do you set goals? Resolutions? Themes? How do you stick to them? How do you remember to stay focused on them? I really need help with this one.

Anyway, I hope your new year is treating you well so far and that you're feeling optimistic about things. It's just a good way to start things off and I think sometimes it's hard to do at this time of year.

Once again, I'd like to make a request for guest bloggers. Please?

Amy, you volunteered a while back to write a post about a pamphlet on spending time with family. I NEVER remember to tell you this when I'm talking to you or with you or emailing you, so I'm asking you now if you would. I would LOVE that. Love it. Whenever you get the chance. I know life is busy.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Last year I made a calendar with little check boxes for my goals. It really helped me to stay focused.