Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 1209: I Forgot To Mention The Joy

I was so intent on figuring out my troubling feelings last week, I failed to share with you all of the great things that have been going on.

Sweet P, Little M, and Baby B did not fly back home with us last Monday.  Instead, they rode with HH's family to stay with his parents for the rest of the week.  While I missed them quite a bit--even more than I anticipated, it was such a great time for us.

From a strictly practical stand point, it was really nice to only have half of the unpacking and laundry to take care of.  It gave me quite a bit more free time to begin getting caught up on life again after being gone for 2 1/2 weeks.

But, more than that, it was such a nice week for HH and I.  An unexpected extended celebration of our 10th Anniversary.  We enjoyed having uninterrupted dinner conversations (as long as we kept Darling A well fed, of course.  Other wise she is quite loud about making her needs known).  Our evenings were so relaxed with no lessons, practices, or children refusing to go to/stay in bed.  We went for a bike ride one night and a run another morning.  We went out to dinner and got some needed shopping done. And mostly, we just talked.  And talked and talked.  And laughed.

One thing I really love about our relationship is how much fun we have together.  No matter what we're doing.  Even re-staining the deck was made enjoyable by the mere fact that we did the work together.

Then HH drove about 7 hours to meet his dad to pick up the kids on Sunday.  And then I think another 7 or 8 back home.  And as he crawled into bed a little after midnight he said, "I'd do that every week, in order to have the great week we had last week."

I married an amazing man.  And, perhaps, the most amazing thing is that he loves me that much.

How did I ever manage to win the heart of this incredible man?  Because, believe me, he could have had any girl he wanted.  Except this one girl, Jessica.  But, that's a whole different story.  And something must have been seriously wrong with her to think she should pick his roommate over him... 

Did I mention how much HH loves me?

It's probably because I do things like that.  :)

Anyway, it's been good to have the kids home the past two days.  I was expecting things to go a lot worse.  But, they haven't been nearly as grumpy and ornery as I'd have expected from three young children returning home after 3 weeks of partying, playing, and staying up late.  I mean, there have been some issues, but for the most part, they've been pretty good.

Tonight we went miniature golfing to try and soak up as much fun during these last couple weeks of summer as we can.


We didn't get any good photos.  But, I love Sweet P's stance in this one.

They definitely inherited my athletic skills.

Anyway, it was chaotic with all of them there.  We only lost one ball in the water.  And it might have been my fault.  Fortunately, it was Darling A's ball.  Baby B wandered all over and pretty much did his own thing.  Sweet P did a lot more sliding and scooting with the ball than actually hitting it.  And Little M definitely got in the most strokes, not even waiting for the ball to stop rolling before smacking it again with all of his might.

HH and I laughed.  A lot.

That's what we do.

No comments: