Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 649: O Tannenbaum

Did I ever tell you about the time I broke our Christmas tree?

I was teaching my mom and little sister some yoga the day after Christmas (or, was it Christmas morning?) and I fell over and broke the stand.

It was a cheap tree we bought at WalMart when we were dirt poor and I really didn't like it, so I wasn't at all sad.  We all got a pretty good laugh out of it, actually.

Well, not the kids.  They were quite upset and when about telling people about how "Mom broke our Christmas tree" for quite some time.  Not at all embarrassing.

Anyway, that was a few Christmases ago and we haven't actually bought a replacement tree yet.  The first year after The Incident we were away for Christmas, so we didn't bother getting a tree at all.  This was a mistake because it never really felt like Christmas for me that year.  But my plan was to buy a nice tree during the after-Christmas clearance.  However, since we were away, this ended up being impossible.

Last year we bought a real tree, again with the intent of buying a tree after Christmas for cheap.

Didn't happen.

Guess what I did this morning?

I ordered us a new tree.

And I knew right then and there that would be today's Joyful Moment.  Not that there haven't been more. It just was so exciting.  I love Christmas and I'm thrilled to have our own tree again.

And it's pre-lit!

Wishing you all pre-lit Joyful Moments--just be careful where you do your yoga!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I remember the tree incident. your new tree - prelit?!!! I'm extremely jealous. That's a battle you won't miss.

This was a wonderful marathon day - and I spent lots of time with lots of people I love, including talking to you on the phone. I was sooooo tired last night, but forced myself to catch up on ironing anyway and went to bed filled with a sense of accomplishment. It was a very very joy filled day.

Cheryl said...

Talking to you was one of my other Joyful Moments, as well. And you'll get to help us decorate our new tree!

Linda said...

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE! I can't wait!