Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 704: More Beating Hearts

This morning started off rough.  And then it went from bad to worse when I discovered blood where no pregnant woman wants to discover blood.

So, it was a fretful morning of talking to different doctors and then waiting while things go scheduled.  Of course, my doctor's office doesn't do ultrasounds on Fridays, so they had to schedule it at the hospital.  Yay.  And Baby B must have picked up on my stress because he followed me around the house crying, demanding to be held and carried.

Fortunately, a friend was able to watch the kids on short notice, so I didn't have to lug them all to the hospital and deal with them there.

After what felt like a really long wait, the technician finally squirted the goop on my belly and got started. Almost instantly, she located the heart.  And it was just beating away, steady as can be.  I can't tell you what a huge relief of a Joyful Moment that was.  I almost started crying.

And the fetus was quite active and really tested her abilities to keep up during the whole scan.  Until right at the very end when Baby started rubbing sleepy little eyes and finally settled down.  It was really cute to see.  More Joyful Moments throughout.

As an added bonus, the technician says my due date should be moved up a week.  No complaints here.

And I guess all of the non-baby parts checked out just fine as well because they sent me home with an a-okay.

So, I'm closing my day more appreciative of what I have growing inside of me.  So thankful that everything is okay because I know how easily things could have gone the other way.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are tiny and perfect!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I started reading this post, and got really worried. So glad everything turned out okay. It truly is a blessing. (Huge sigh of relief for you over here.) Don't work too hard!

Linda said...

Thanks for giving me phone call so I could read your blog without panic, knowing that there would be a happy ending. I can imagine the tears that welled inside. Your phone call was amy JM, thanks! And I needed it; your dad woke up at 2 a.m. with a stomach flu that seems prettty awful.

Cheryl said...

Amy--Sorry to scare you! I thought I got to the good news pretty quickly, but I guess it seems longer if you don't already know the ending.

Mom--I enjoyed chatting with you, too. Brief though it was. I hope Dad is feeling much much better!

Melanie said...

Cheryl, I'm so happy that it turned out the best it could. I love you.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mel!