Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 705: Good Saturday*

In the summer, it seems like most Saturdays whiz by and are over before I really realized it was Saturday. Just because they're so busy.

And in the winter, it seems that we have a tendency to just kind of lounge around and get going so slowly that they're just over before they really begin.

But today was pretty perfect.  HH was up early to play basketball.  The kids and I got a reasonable start at 7:30.  We made a yummy breakfast together and it was just coming out of the oven when HH got home.  So, after a nice family breakfast (Joyful Moment), HH headed out to do some more cleaning in the garage, while the kids and I headed down to tackle the toy room.

It hasn't been that long since I went through things, so it wasn't terrible.  But, I was inspired by a friend yesterday and decided to go through it once again.  We filled one box to overflowing with toys to take to Goodwill and then remembered that another friend might want the pirate ship, so we were able to give that to them (Joyful Moment).  We also filled a box with broken stuff to be recycled and then had a little pile to be thrown away.

And then I reorganized the toy storage which led to reorganizing Little M's closet, so it's much more user-friendly for him now.  HUGE Joyful Moment!

After our cleaning, HH took Sweet P and Little M with him on some errands.  He even did some of my shopping errands while I got to stay home with a napping Baby B.  Sweet!  I used my time wisely and, among other things, did an hour of prenatal yoga (thank you for that DVD, my friend!).  I love yoga anytime, but my lower back has really been giving me grief the last few weeks and that yoga helps more than anything else, so that was another Joyful Moment.

HH and the kids finally returned.  We had a late lunch and then played some games as a family.  More Joyful Moments.

And then we remembered to do all the things we need to do tonight in order to be ready for early church tomorrow.  A pleasing Joyful Moment, as well.

And we had the kids in bed by 7!!!  Joyful Moment because now we can spend some time together, but still get to bed early ourselves.

Wishing you all a perfect Saturday full of Joyful Moments!

*Just in case we look like a perfect family in this post, don't be jealous.  I left out the whining over certain toys and junk I got rid of, little fights, some disobedience creating a frustrated HH, a huge mess made when Little M decided to pull all the games out of the recently re-organized game cupboard, the bit where I was kind of grumpy with everyone, complaints over the yucky dinner I made, and a whiny Baby B.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Your *message at the end made me smile. The reminder of reality and of you choosing to remember the positive. THANKS! I hope the yoga's helping; is the chiropractor helping as well?

We also had a good day. My HH is recovering from the 24 hr flu and I woke up with a sore throat, but we enjoyed our time together and getting some things done. And we ended our day talking to some friends in New York, which was very joyful.

Cheryl said...

Mom--Yes, I actually went in to get adjusted twice last week because I've been getting the worst headaches of my life. But, between yoga, chiropractic, not being awake with sick kids for two or three hours a night, and finally making it to the gym regularly again, things seem to be getting better.

I hope you two are healthy today!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Ah, and I was sitting here thinking that you would have been one of those pioneers whose children never fought but only skipped happily through desert and mountain without a single complant of hunger or fatigue, while you skipped along singing all the hymns with a smile on your face as you pulled the wagon yourself because you decided your oxen needed a well deserved rest. Man, did you pop my balloon! :) Oh well, I choose to believe it anyhow!

Love you!

Cheryl said...

No Mel, that would have been YOU.

I love you, too.