Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 909: Not A Deadbeat

At least, I hope not.

Today I actually mustered up the energy to take my kids to an optional TaeKwonDo course.  This is an "off" week since last week was testing, but they offered this one time, fun class for them.  Of course, their classes were back to back, so it meant 1 1/2 hours for me.  But, it ended up being fine as HH was home from work halfway through and able to come pick up the boys after Little M's course was over.  And then I took Z for a walk during Sweet P's class.  So, Sweet P had a blast and got some exercise and I was, hopefully, able to help Z ease some of her restlessness now that our morning runs are officially on hold.

So, even though it ended up being a bit exhausting when all was said and done, it was a Joyful Moment to do something (albeit small) fun for the kids.

And not to sound totally pathetic, but I had another Joyful Moment this morning when I succeeded in picking up the newly-released Sherlock Holmes movie from Blockbuster.  I am not entirely sure why, but I absolutely love Robert Downey, Jr. as an actor.  This is not a celebrity crush, I just love all the movies and characters he does.  Again, not really sure why.  But it made me ridiculously happy when I succeeded in getting the movie.

In the words of Baby B, I'm "supah coo", I know.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make you happier than they should!


3 comments:

Linda said...

Was it a good show?

My JM was making even more progress getting ready to come visit you... Can't wait to see you again! See if you can wait until I'm there, ok?

Amy said...

At this point...just have that baby. Mom's there. So you're totally ready, right?

And I echo mom's question about hte movie.

And my JM yesterday was trying a new method of teaching my kids the importance of getting jobs done. I think it helped.

Cheryl said...

Mom--I enjoyed it, but was kind of freaking out and distracted throughout since I was beginning labor... but, you know how that ended. (c:

Amy--Seriously. And sounds like a lesson we could use around here.