Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 911: Fishies and Airports

This morning started off a little tense.  I went to bed last night, praying fervently that Darling A would wait a little longer to make her appearance--but not certain if she would.  I was definitely in pre-labor!  That persisted off and on throughout the night, but we made it.  Although, I was still feeling like things were pretty imminent as we got about our morning business.  I convinced HH to head to work because I was determined to make it until my mom arrived this afternoon.

So, the kids and I headed to the last day (thank goodness!) of swim lessons.


Isn't she adorable?


You gotta love the ears here.  So cute.

They both did great.  In fact, Sweet P is apparently ready for the swim team, but it doesn't work with our summer schedule.  It was a Joyful Moment watching their progress and improvement over the past three weeks.  But this morning's was tempered a bit as I was afraid we would have to leave in the middle to head to the hospital.  That's how intense things were getting!

But we made it home and I took it easy until it was time to go get my mama--Joyful Moment for SO many reasons!  And things slowed down considerably.

And then they kept slowing down... and slowing down... and slowing down.  Until they pretty much stopped tonight.

I have been so peaceful and serene and patient.

That is all out the window tonight.  I feel like I'm going to go crazy.  I've been so worried she'd come before today, and now that it's almost over and she's not here I'm suddenly the least patient person on the planet!

And I'm a little cranky.

Hormones, right?  So, I'm not accountable?

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and lasting serenity--especially about the things over which you have zero control!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Seriously have been crazily
checking your blog for the last half hour wondering if you were in labor. I know exactly what you mean. So glad mom is there to help. I love you.

Linda said...

My joy today?! Seriously?! Seeing you and the kids at the airport and every moment since.