Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 1166: Proving Grounds

So, the past couple of weeks have had more than their fair share of tragedies and devastation.  Many of them are personal for those involved, so I haven't really shared.  But, the silver lining lies in the fact that, while I've been saddened, I haven't gotten really down.

But, for some reason, when I found out about the explosion in West, Texas today I started having kind of a panic attack and I could feel things closing in on me again.  It was just kind of the last straw amid the madness.  Then I reminded myself of yesterday's post and my focus on service and love.  And it made all the difference.  I still feel awful about all of those poor people, but it's not dragging me down.  I hope that doesn't make me sound callous.  I am affected, just not in an extreme way.  I'm still feeling empowered to move forward and be a cause for good, as much as I can.

And I'm kind of really proud of that.

And I had a couple of great moments with Darling A today.


Like her hair being even more fabulous after this morning's bath.  Love Love Love.


And then walking in to find her smiling in her sleep.  There's just something about a sleeping baby... so sweet.

Amazing how such simple sweetness can counteract all of the chaos out there.

1 comment:

Linda said...

There really truly is just something wonderful about a sleeping baby. And you captured it on camera - GO YOU!