Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 1171: Newtons

I participated in a 1-mile fun run with Sweet P and Little M this morning.  So. Stinkin'. Fun!  I love love love running with my kids.

Later, I took all four of the kids to Sam's Club.  By. My. Self.

HH is under the weather and recovering from a Scout camp out.

And to my happy surprise, the kids were great.  I mean, really great.  No running off.  No crying.  No whining.  Just smiles.  And even some helping.

Then I got to hang with Sweet P at a church activity for the girls her age.  She was brave and shared a bit about herself in front of everyone--even though she was terrified.  I was really proud of her.  And it was fun to get to sit and hang with her for an hour and a half.

And finally, we headed out for a series of errands.  The first of which was to purchase these sweet sweet babies:


It's been a long time coming.  I have been contemplating moving on from my Vibram Five Fingers for a very very very long time.  But, I love them.  And I would always think, "I'm so close!  I'm just going to stick it out a little longer and my feet will adjust and be strong enough and it will be great."

Yeah.  I'm more than a little stubborn.  Sometimes.  Lots of times...

But, as I was running those fabulous 8 miles on Thursday, it kind of clicked inside my head.  Running a semi-long distance was such a thrill and mood booster, I realized that it was time to just give up on the Vibrams and find something that would let me really train so I can get in on the races I've been wanting to do for a while now.

I've heard great things about these shoes for a while now.  But, Thursday I reached out to my running friends and these were the clear winners in recommendations.  So, I really researched them and I got pretty excited about them.  So, I was thrilled to be able to get them tonight.  I kind of really just want to go for a run right now!

And then we got the kids some new running shoes, too.  Not as nice as my new running shoes, but they're both pretty excited anyway.

And then we went out for dinner.  It should have been really bad because it was late and the kids were tired and hungry, but really, it went pretty well.  Baby B might have spent more time smashing somebody's left-behind Mike and Ike than eating his food, but he was happy.  And we were fortunate that it never landed in anyone's food, even though he kept throwing it up in the air.

Yeah, we were that family at the restaurant tonight.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE those shoes! I love how you're teaching your kids the importance of fitness.