Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 1180: Xeriscaping Is Sounding Better And Better

I grew up in a desert, during drought conditions.  Xeriscaping was the type of landscaping highly encouraged.  It involved a lot of rocks and therefore, very little need for water.

By nature, it also requires much less maintenance.

I could go for a low-maintenance yard right now.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Sweet P and I (and Darling A in the stroller) started the day off with a two-mile run.  Well, it was more like a really slow jog.  It was Sweet P's first 2-miler and I'm so proud of her for doing it!  I hope this is just  the beginning and that we will one day be running partners.

The boys came home while we were whipping up a tasty breakfast.  So, we swapped stories about our fun evenings apart.

And then the work began.

And continued pretty much all day.

But, hopefully, are lawn will start looking better after all I've done the past couple of weeks and yesterday and today especially.  And our garden is finally fully planted.  We're trying a few new things this year, so fingers crossed!

A hard day physically.  I'm sore in many places.  But, I wouldn't trade positions with anyone in the world right now.

No comments: