Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 247: Five Fingers on My Toes

That's right.  This morning I ran with Five Fingers on my toes.  As in Vibram FiveFingers.  I would show you a picture of how awesome mine look, but apparently my storage space won't be available until tomorrow.  Frustrating!

But my Joyful Moment was running in my FiveFingers this morning.  They are made for barefoot running, providing protection for my feet without interfering with running the way my body was designed to run--without a giant heel getting in the way of my stride.  My brother-in-law introduced me to this "new" style of running and the FiveFingers when we were in California.  He was pretty passionate about it and peaked my interest.  Now after 3 1/2 miles in them, I'm sold!

It was a shorter run because the different running technique uses muscles that aren't used to being used like that.  The good news is, in about 6 weeks, I'm going to have killer calves.  The bad news is, right now my calves are killing me!

But I'm super excited about the shoes and the new running technique.  My legs were hurting pretty bad, forcing me to cut back on my running last week.  Now, hopefully, I'll be able to recover from the injuries that were coming and get back on board with a new intensity.

No doubt about it, these shoes have many more Joyful Moments in them!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that provide killer calves, or something like them!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can't wait to see the shoes in "real life". Are you bringing them with you?

This was a super peachy joyful day. I canned 34 quarts of peaches with Megan - Joy we'll taste for months to come.