Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 273: Still Energizer Bunny-ing

My children got to wear their Halloween costumes.  Again.  And this time they pulled in a major haul of candy.  We don't trick-or-treat on Sunday because it's the Lord's day.  So, since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, we had a "Trunk-or-Treat" in the church parking lot.  If you're not familiar with this idea, basically everyone parks their cars and then hands out candy out of their trunk.  Really festive people even decorate their trunks.  It's great.

I didn't decorate my trunk.  I didn't even take my trunk.  My HH was given the exciting opportunity to attend the football game today with one of my friend's husbands.  So, we had their family over to make spooky face pizzas for dinner and then we all headed over together.

Just before heading over to the church, we did a little practice run at our next door neighbors.  They gave the kids king-size candy bars.  And then gave them another.  Because they know hardly anyone will come t-o-t-ing on our street tomorrow night.  And our children need two king size candy bars.  Each.  Shockingly, that was a Joyful Moment for my kids, but not as much for me.  But don't worry, my fabulous neighbors then gave me a treat when they offered to watch Baby B while we went to the Trunk-or-Treat.

I think they were joking, but I took them up on it anyway.  I missed my BB, but it was so nice to not have to worry about him because the parking lot madness was chaotic enough with the other two.  And don't worry about my neighbors, they're always asking if they can watch Baby B.  And he was in such a good mood when I picked him up.  He had all kinds of things to say to me and, as you can guess, that was another Joyful Moment.  He is S.O.  C.U.T.E!!!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and the opportunity to wear your Halloween costume at least 3 times this year!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I got to go trunk or treating with Amy's kids - a vampire, a kitten, and Tigger - followed by Idaho spud french fries fried in the church parking lot, tons of sweet rolls, and spice cider. It was a whole lot of JOY~

Meg said...

I co-hosted a super duper fun party (b/c our ward is WEIRD and had their party LAST weekend...??) I got to meet a lot of cute girls talk a lot. It was great!