Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 264: Flirty Skirty

I meant to take a picture, but now it's hidden in the dark somewhere in Sweet P's room.  So, you'll have to wait to see what brought me my Joyful Moment today.

It was a skirt.  That I made.  All by myself.  Although, I used my grandma's sewing machine, and I like to think that she was there with me in spirit, sewing alongside me.  Because I'm really not much of a seamstress.  And the skirt turned out super cute!

It helps that it was super easy.  I made it from one of the 5 pairs of jeans Sweet P tore a hole in last winter.  It's not perfect, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  And that Sweet P wanted to put it on as soon as she saw it.  And then wore it the rest of the day.

Yay!

Wishing you all flirty Joyful Moments!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

can i get that pattern?

Linda said...

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to see the skirt! And using your grandma's sewing machine makes it even more special.

After school today, I helped Tyler sew up a stuffed dog that I gave him for his birthday. He did a great job! And seeing his huge smile brought me a huge smile, which was joy +joy.

Meg said...

WOW. Sewing is the bane of my existence. I'm impressed.

My joyful moment was seeing Wyatt smile so much. :)