Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 1199: Full Force

That's how this Monday has hit, my friends.

Lately, I've been doubting all of my progress and thinking that it's all in my head (which is kind of true, since depression is a mental health issue to begin with...) and I'm really just one bad circumstance away from crashing all the way back to the beginning.

But, then I look at what is going on in my life (nothing too crazy or above average) and I know that in the past, I would be in way over my head.  But I'm not.  I'm okay.  I'm still enjoying *most* parts of my life.  I detest bedtime and the nightmare it is attempting to get Baby B to stay in bed, or at the very least, take less than two hours to get settled down for good.  But, even in that, there is progress.  I did not lose my cool with him tonight--although, I was sorely tempted to yell and get mad.

Okay, I did get mad.  But, I kept that to myself and stayed calm in my interaction with him.

Baby Steps.

Anyway, I see that this could turn into a rambling post.  And I'm trying to get to bed early all week in preparation for my upcoming triathlon this weekend.  So, I'll have to interrupt myself here.

The good news is--life is good.  It really is.  I've got a few things coming up that I'm worried about and those worries worry me even more.  I'm always afraid I won't be able to handle what is coming.  But, then it comes, and we get through it okay.  Sometimes it gets a little messy in the middle, but you know what they say, "Everything will be alright in the end.  If it's not alright, it's not the end."


I vowed to post a picture of one of my other three neglected children tonight.  But, then I came across this one from a weekend adventure and it made me laugh, so I had to share.  I love my baby.

And my other three neglected children.  Who are really only neglected as far as photos on this blog go. Please, don't worry about them! :)

No comments: