Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 1201: Fourth Child

I heard once that a comedian had explained what it feels like to have your fourth child like this:  Imagine you're drowning in the ocean.  And then someone comes up and says, "Here!  Have a baby!" and tosses it in to you.

I've related to that over and over and over during the past year.

But, I think I'm finally learning how to stay afloat again.  Or, maybe things are just getting easier now that I don't have the demands of a newborn on my hands, in addition to everything else.

Today was a busy day, but a fun one for the kids.  I broke out the tole paints and let them get creative with some wooden bird houses.  Then we actually had a successful and *fairly* quick trip to Target.  And then we went swimming.

All before lunch.

It may have been a bit too much though, because Baby B took a 3 1/2 hour nap to recover and Little M spend most of soccer practice bawling on the sidelines.

Oh well.  We still had a lot of good times in there.  And I really didn't mind the 3 1/2 hour break from my intense toddler.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I think it would have been fun to be a kid at your house today. Or even a grandma. :o)

Meg said...

3.5 hours?! Amazing.