Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 204: Pleased to Meet You!

a.k.a. I Love My Husband!

But first, some hair tinsel pics, as promised:


Maybe the pictures are just too small here on Blogger. Click on the photos, if you want a better view.


You can kind of see it better in this one.


Don't judge, I hadn't had time to style my new cut yet. It's actually almost the exact same as the last one and I LOVE it. As I love the tinsel. It's so fun! And suddenly, people are striking up conversations with me everywhere I go. I sort of feed off of social interaction, so I love this!


Weird that you can't really see it well on her. In normal light you can see it quite clearly. It's purple and it looks really pretty in her dark brown hair. And those eyes just get me every time. Even with a messy face attached. We were eating dinner.

Anyway, back to my awesome husband. For my birthday I presented HH with a list of things I want. I'm just helpful like that. One of the things on my list was a heart rate monitor for when I workout. I had looked them up a bit online had something small and basic in mind.

If I got him the "Cadillac" of grills, then he got me the "Lear Jet" of heart rate monitors. To say that it's awesome is a serious understatement. I spent some time this afternoon getting acquainted with my new training partner/coach. I can't wait to go for a run! It's a Garmin Forerunner 405CX. It tells me how far I'm going, how fast I'm going, where I am, what percent grade the ground is. It'll tell me if I'm going faster or slower than I want to be, if I'm veering off course, and it will tell me how to get back home if I do somehow get lost. It can do intervals. And it will automatically transfer all of this info wirelessly to my computer when I get home. Oh, and it will tell me my current heart rate, my max/min heart rate, and my average heart rate. And a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

Anyway, sorry to be so ridiculously materialistic with today's Joyful Moment, but I can't help myself. I'm as giddy and as excited as a small child on Christmas morning! But I have to wait until Monday to try my new friend out. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Wishing you all ridiculously materialistic Joyful Moments!

1 comment:

Linda said...

This was a day of highs and lows. Lows were saying good bye to good friends and not being able to do everything I can think of doing.

Highs were seeing those good friends, sharing with them, taking a final walk on the Rail Trail over the Hudson River, and having my HH spend hours getting a stain out of my capris. He's amazing because he can do almost anything and because he cared enough about me to make that a priority in his demanding schedule. I love him!