Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 517: Rare And Beautiful

That's what today was--a Saturday without any real plans or obligations.  It is a rare and beautiful thing.  And a Joyful Moment in and of itself.

But, of course, since I'm on the upswing, today was just awesome in general.

First off--I just want to say 'thanks' to everyone who has expressed words of encouragement here, on facebook, through phone calls, and those of you who've been praying for me.  It really helps buoy me up and makes my heart happy, too.  You've all been the cause of Joyful Moments for me over the past few days.  Thanks!

So, today I went for a bike ride with HH.  He showed me a new trail that I was completely unaware of.  It has more trees than the one I usually run on and it was very lovely.  That bike ride was a total Joyful Moment!

The other main Joyful Moment was an evening fishing trip with the whole family.  This was the first time Baby B and I came along (and Z!).  We went to a new spot and didn't catch any fish.


But HH did catch a bunch of lovely moss on his Lightning McQueen fishing pole.

(And if you reeeeeally zoom in, you can see a cute little baby bird on the tree over his left shoulder.  It was just chillin' there watching us, until it's mama came back to try and help it get back to the nest.  I took about 7 photos of it just sitting there.  And about 10 of a frog sitting in the water.  Something might be a little off with me.  Just maybe.  Good luck, Little Baby Bird!)

Okay, maybe that's Little M's pole.  HH never actually got the chance to cast out his own line.  He was so busy hooking nasty green worms and then casting out the kids' lines--and then pulling off the moss they caught.  He's such a good daddy.

Even though they were sad they didn't catch anything, and Baby B and Z thought it was a waste of time since neither was allowed to roam around as much as was desired--it was still a Joyful Moment for me.  It was just fun to all be together.  And to see my Sexy Pants HH in action.  I love watching him be a dad.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that involve a little Sexy Pants!

No comments: