Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 532: Make Haste

So, we get home from church in the late afternoon on Sundays, which usually leaves me in a bit of a rush to get dinner on the table.  And today, I couldn't even really decide what to make.  But my overachieving basil plant has really been calling my name lately, so I decided on a pesto pasta.

And for the first time in my life, I made pesto.  With my own basil!  Pretty thrilling, to be honest.  And it smelled (and tasted!) divine!  And I thought that would be my Joyful Moment.

Then the phone rang and it was HH asking if he could invite a couple guys (one is single, the other is single while his wife and baby are away) over for dinner.  It was 5 PM by this time, mind you.  But I said, "Sure!"  No problem.

But no pesto either as it's not exactly a super hearty dish and I was only planning on enough for our family.

So, I quickly through together a different dish and made four loaves of French bread, just in case.  And it went well!

And I was proud of myself for putting together a successful meal in one hour.

And that was my Joyful Moment.  We haven't had anyone over for dinner for a couple months, so it was just nice.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that you can put together successfully in one hour, or less!

No comments: