Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 535: A Good Summer Mom

I've finally become one of those.  Now that summer is basically over.

Oh well.  Hopefully, it won't take me so long next year.

This morning I had an excellent bike ride, mowed the lawn, and then took the kids swimming with a bunch of friends at the home of a woman we go to church with.  It's still swelteringly hot here, so being in a nice pool was positively gorgeous.  And a definite Joyful Moment.

After lunch and naps, the kids were all set to have a play date with one of Sweet P's friends.  Just a little glitch--we had to take Sweet P in for some follow up blood work from her recent surgery.  Fortunately, my plan of having the play date to focus on helped her get through it with slightly less trauma and drama than usual.  Not really a Joyful Moment, though.

We had lots of fun with the friend, and during that play date, I set up another with a family that is new to the area.  And then another mommy that's new to the area called and we set up another play date.  More than one play date a month is pretty big for us--three play dates in three days is absolutely unheard of.  I'm kind of a structure freak these days and scheduling things with other people always throws that off.  But I'm finally finding my stride and learning how to make it work.  Hooray for my kids!  They will finally get to play with their friends outside of school and the gym!

So, yeah, that was all another Joyful Moment.

And then we went to the CSA farm tonight to pick out some veggies for the week.  HH had never been before.  It's always nice having him around.  Fresh veggies and family time = Joyful Moment!  Plus, we picked up some farm eggs (night and day difference from store bought--even the cage free) and fresh, locally-made mozzarella too!!!  I am SO STINKIN' EXCITED to cook this week!!!!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments in finally getting your stride right--before summer is over!

No comments: