Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 536: Last Minute Joys

Today was excellent.

Among other things, the play date went really well.  I'm excited about all the new families that moved here recently.  They have kids our kids' ages and the parents seem really cool too.  New friends for everyone!

And then I headed off for dinner with my girlfriends at Panera.  Total Joyful Moment(s).  I love Panera.  I love my girlfriends.  So fantastic.

I came home to all the kids in bed and a nearly clean kitchen--pretty impressive since HH also had to take all three kids (and Z!) to Sweet P's T-ball practice while I was gone.  That was great to come home to.  And then when I went into the bedroom to change into my pj's, I heard a whispered "Mom!" from Little M's room.

So, I went in to kiss him good night.  He's so into kisses right now, it's so sweet.  Then I whispered, "Good night.  I love you."  And he whispered back, "I love you, too, Mommy."  And my heart just melted.  And that right there would have to be today's winner for THE Joyful Moment.  I know that all too soon there will come a day when the kisses will stop and I won't hear those words nearly as often as I'd like.  So, I'm cherishing all of these moments while they still happen.

I love my Little M.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that melt your heart!

No comments: