Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 667: Mama Eats

Today was the day I volunteer in Sweet P's class.  Her fabulous teacher told me I could bring my mama with me.

So I did.

Sweet P has been beside herself with the anticipation of showing her grandma off to her whole class.  It's a big deal in first grade.  So, just walking into the classroom and seeing her happy face was a Joyful Moment.

I don't know if it was my mama's presence, or if it was because they got to read giant-sized books, but the kids in my group were super well-behaved.  This is not normal.  So, that was a personal Joyful Moment and relief for me.

And then we got to stay after and eat lunch with Sweet P.  Again, she was so cute in her happiness it couldn't help but be a Joyful Moment.  Plus, we had excellent sandwiches from Jimmy John's.  Double the Joyful Moment.  (Sweet P told me it would be better if we didn't eat the school lunch because she didn't want the lunch ladies to have to go to the trouble of making extra food.  I told her I was pretty sure they made extra, but we just plain didn't want to eat the school lunch.)

All in all, a good day.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with the added joy of a Jimmy John's sandwich!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I have to confess that I actually LOVE eating at school with my grandkids. They're always so cute about it and being a grandparent = being a celebrity. It was quite a joyful experience. And Jimmy John's was all you said it would be. Another JM was going to her violin lesson. Oh my goodness she's talented! And blessed to have a mama who helps her develop her talent.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for coming, Celebrity!