Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 820: Hands UP!

That was the advice we kept giving Sweet P today.

To help her pass her TaeKwonDo testing tonight.


Little M tested as well, but his was pretty basic and simple.

Case in point--They warm up together first and then begin the testing.

A little while into things I turned to HH and said, "Oh shoot!  They're testing!"  (We hadn't been paying the strictest attention.)  He calmly replied, "Nah.  It's still the warm up."  I said, "I'm going to go in and take pictures anyway."

And guess what--They were testing.

Sweet P's testing was a bit more technical and involved more areas.


This is her doing her Ho-Am Form.  I'm not going to say she looks like a real natural doing it, but she remembered all of the steps right the first time through (they get up to three tries).  And that was a Joyful Moment for me.

But probably, the biggest Joyful Moment was watching her spar and KEEP HER HANDS UP.  She's not the best spar-er either, but she did a great job remembering to keep her hands up and protect her face.  Some day I'll have to get a good picture of her in her sparring gear.  Pretty funny, if you ask me.

Here's keeping our fingers crossed that we don't receive a phone call on Monday telling us that one of them has to re-test!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and the ability to remember to protect your face, above all else!

1 comment:

Linda said...

They look GREAT!

My JM is that I felt much better than yesterday.