Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 829: Two-Choo!

Today Baby B turned two.

Which is just plain crazy because I started this 1,000 days thing while he was still in utero.  And I can't believe how quickly time flies.

And it makes me a little sad.

Speaking of sad,


This is how we started our morning.

Don't worry, he didn't burn himself on the candle.

He didn't blow it out either.  HH helped him.

And eventually, he got over his sadness (started by me asking him if he wanted to wear a party hat like the other kids were.  I know--I'm such a mean mommy.)  And he adored the lemon poppy seed bread I'd made for breakfast.

I always try to make their favorite foods, but he is difficult because I couldn't exactly ask him what he wanted.  Besides, he will be scarfing something down one minute and decide it's disgusting the next.  There are very few things he likes consistently.

So, I took a gamble with the bread and it was a huge hit.  He ended up wanting it for lunch, too.


This is how the day ended though.  Much better.  This is the back of his train cake.  It looked better from the front, but I love the look on his face here.  He was so excited.

Which was, of course, a Joyful Moment for me.  And really, the day was full of Joyful Moments.  He was so cute about everything (besides the party hat at breakfast).  I bought him a balloon the night before and he found it first thing and was so delighted to have his very own balloon.

He was equally thrilled with his gifts.  So much so that HH and I decided to actually put one back in the gift storage for Christmas.  He was just so ecstatic over the first present he opened--a Zhu Zhu pet--that he could barely focus on any of the others.  Hearing his delighted giggles over its silly sounds and all was another Joyful Moment.

All in all, it was a really good day.  And I owe a huge part of that to HH for being my solid rock as I teetered on the brink of breakdowns throughout the day due to hardly sleeping for the past several nights in a row.

The best thing I've ever done was to marry him.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments completed by a balloon!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy late birthday little guy! Love you

Becky said...

See, Megan, there's the train cake!

Happy birthday to Baby B.

Cheryl said...

Mel--Thanks!

Becky--Does Meg need a train cake, too? And congrats on the beautiful grandbaby! Love the pictures!

Linda said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BOY!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Grandma! And he loved the stickers you sent with his card!