Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 825: Normalcy

Today I felt pretty normal, emotionally speaking.  Which means that I felt happy.  Like me again.

And that was a really nice Joyful Moment.

I even surprised HH when he called to say he was on his way home because I didn't have anything grumpy to say or complain about.  It was kind of like neither one of us knew how to end the conversation since his typical, "I'm sorry.  Hang in there, Hon.  I'll be home soon to give you a break" wasn't really applicable.

I also had a Joyful Moment when I got a phone call from a support center letting me know that all of the crazy insurance hoops have been jumped through and things are proceeding perfectly for Sweet P to be able to continue with the necessary treatment for a minor (but expensive) condition she has.  We are very blessed because the staff at her doctor's office and at this support center take care of pretty much everything besides a few signatures.  I am so grateful that I don't have to deal with all the ins and outs of insurance coverage.  But it also leaves us in the dark for quite a while, not knowing how things are proceeding.  So, it's nice to know what is going on.  And to have it be exactly what we need.

And then another Joyful Moment going out with a bunch of girlfriends tonight for pie.  Again.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and happy, normal days!

6 comments:

Belkycita said...

YaY!!!
I love that kind of days :-)

Health insurance is one of those things that I run away from, poor David, he's all alone in that department.

I hope the pie was yummy :-)

p.s. the word verification was ropermaid
crazy!!!

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad things are working out for you and sweet p. I'm going to look into the tea tree oil. Thanks Cheryl! My JM was that I got to go on a walk that turned into a major workout due to wind + double stroller/windcatcher. It was a lot of fun...and my arms and legs are much stronger now.

Meg said...

I'm not sure if Amy's JM would be so J for me... :)

But I am SO happy that you got that good news about sweet p. Hooray! And pie is amazing. I wish we could go out and do that!

My JMs today have been a million tender mercies which came because this morning Weston said in his prayer: "Please Please Please Please bless Megan with tender mercies today." And that really happened! Today should have been awful, but instead I survived and it's all because of other people who reached out. Life's not too bad after all!

Linda said...

How sweet to read your blog - I am sooooo happy; insurance stuff is one of those things that can be an energy drainer and I'm grateful it's proceding. How wonderful that there are days like today for you! and for each of us!

My JM was celebrating our anniversary at Buca di Beppo - We had such a good time. It was a bit challenging to find food on my "diet" but my HH made it fun anyway.

Cheryl said...

Belky--That's okay, there are plenty of other things that I leave up to HH b/c I can't stand them. (c:

Amy--I hope it's helpful! And good for you! Sounds like fun.

Meg--What a good husband. I'm so glad he's yours!

Mom--Me too. That's a fun restaurant! I'm glad you were able to eat. (c:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.