Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 280: "This Is Fun"

Whispered Sweet P in the middle of violin practice.

Say what?!

Yep.  Today was a first for us in basically a year of learning the violin--we BOTH had fun!  And though I was already having a Joyful Moment, that whisper made the Moment all the more Joyful.

And we almost didn't even have a practice!  I told her it was time, she said she didn't want to, I felt the anger and grumpies rising up, so I decided to let things go and said, "Fine.  I'm not going to make you practice."  And then she went downstairs and talked to herself for a while.  And I stayed not angry.  Yay me!  She came back up and told me she had a surprise for me.  The surprise was that she had set up all of her violin stuff and was ready to practice!  Joyful Moment!

And then she started things off by playing the best A-scale she's EVER played.  For some reason, she hates playing the A-scale so she always gives it a pretty sorry effort.  But today she did it fantastically well, so of course, I enthusiastically congratulated her on that and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the practice.  She tried really hard, sounded fantastic, and...


HAD FUN!!!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are just plain FUN!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so happy to hear how this went. It's interesting to see how the change in your attitude and actions had a ripple affect on your Sweet P. Double Yay for the two of you! I want to remember your joyful experience.

I have an intersting joy to share. Your father, my HH spent most of the day trying to finish installing the water softener. I have no idea how many times he turned off and then back on the water, each time to discover that there are still leaks in the pipes. Eventually he even had to make another trip to Home Depot to purchase more parts. The joyful part of this experience is that even though there is STILL a leak, he allowed himself to leave the project unfinished and join me and our guests for dinner and games.