Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 299: Turkey Bowl

Well, despite an even sicker Baby B, today was still full of Joyful Moments.  HH's family has a tradition to start the day off at the bowling alley and have a bowling competition.  It's his super extended family, so it's fun to catch up with everyone, munch on some breakfast, and watch the competition.  My bowling skills are pretty much non-existent, so I am never even close to contending for the trophy (yes, there is an actual trophy that you get your name on if you have the high score).  But I have fun chucking the ball down the lane and watching everyone else compete.  Getting one strike after several gutter balls (I'm SO consistent) was a bit of a Joyful Moment.

Making my cranberry sauce from scratch and an experimental green bean recipe were also Joyful Moments, especially because they got plenty of rave reviews.  Even The Vegetable Hater brother-in-law liked the beans.  Score!

And then listening to everyone state what they're thankful for was another Joyful Moment.  Sharing my thanks and then pranking everyone that I was pregnant were some more JM's.

And finally came an unexpected Joyful Moment when HH asked if I was wishing I were with my family and I realized that I'd never once had that thought throughout the day.  HH accuses me of having an insatiable appetite for his family, leaving his family feeling a bit slighted, so this was pretty big.  But it's true.  I felt very much at home here with his family today.  So, while I know I would have had a great time with my side of the family, I had one here too.  That hasn't always been the case, but it's what I want, so this was a nice Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all lots of Joyful Moments to go with your turkey!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I woke up this morning with my long list of blessings playing over and over in my head. I spent a considerable amount of time recording them in my journal. And then I spent much of the day thinking about the joyful life I have.