Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 275: My Inner Child

We didn't get a single Trick-or-Treater last night.  It might have something to do with the fact that we didn't turn the porch light on.  But then again, we don't have many kids on our street.  Kind of weird to not get a single one, though.

Anyway, today's Joyful Moment was being a kid with Little M.  He decided to wear an eye patch that he got at our gym's Halloween party last week when we went to the gym this morning (I "pranced" for 12 minutes in my new shoes!!!).  And after the gym we decided to check out the Halloween clearance at Target.  Well, he was still wearing the patch, so we decided to be pirates.  We talked like pirates all the way there and halfway through the shopping trip, but then we reached the Halloween aisle and we both forgot that we were pirates.  But still, it was fun while it lasted.

Then after lunch I turned on the Sugar Free All Stars for him, so he wouldn't be lonely while I showered.  After I was out and dressed, I heard him singing along, so I came in to join him.  The last song involves a lot of instructions to move around in all sorts of ways (i.e. spin around, do jumping jacks, jump, run in place, etc.).  We did that together and had a blast!

I'm not the best at playing with my kids.  It's just not my strong point.  So, I'm not sure what happened today, but I'm glad it did.  It was the source of several Joyful Moments, the best of which was creating Joyful Moments for my Little M.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments playing with your inner child (and if you're lucky, a cute outer child as well)!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ahoy Matey, It sounds like you had a great time, aarrgghh!

My joyful moments were having my sister come visit and catch me up on her life. Being closer to family is a plus about living here that I'm very grateful for.