Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 282: Recipe For Guaranteed Joyful Moments

Yes indeed, my friends, at the end of this post you will find THE recipe.  For my chocolate chip cookies.  I just ate about a dozen of them.  I love them.

But first, today's Joyful Moments.

I ran for TWENTY (20) minutes in my new shoes this morning!  Hooray!  And I could have gone farther, but my feet started feeling hot (I was on a treadmill).  I think it's safe to say, "I have adjusted"!!  I was thinking this would take months, but thanks to some personal coaching from a fabulous friend, I'm good to go!

And the other Joyful Moment I wanted to share was walking/biking/scootering to the park with my kids this afternoon.  Today was a random warm day.  Faaaaabulous!  Since we're about to embark on six straight months of winter, we took advantage.  And it was really fun to get out together and play at the park one last time.  I even sat on the swing with Baby B.  He loved it.  My hips did not.

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for:

Cheryl's Chocolate Chip Cookies:


1/2 C. shortening
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
Large splash of vanilla
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 C. flour
Chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer.  Add sugars and baking soda and beat until combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Beat in dry pudding mix and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.  Stir in any remaining flour and chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.  I prefer them baked on an air bake cookie sheet or a baking stone.

The extra vanilla and the pudding are what make all the difference.  Don't be afraid of them!  I love this recipe and kind of feel that they are the best cookies, but am open to alterations, so if you have anything that you do for your cookies that makes them extra special--please share!

Oh, and I don't recommend eating 12 of them even if you bake them small like I do.  It's not good for you.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments from baking these and enjoying deliciousness in its purest form!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I really like my chocolate chip cookie recipe, and it looks pretty close to yours (my sugar proportion is 50/50), but I'll admit that the addition of pudding could make yours better. So, I guess that just means I need to bake a batch of cookies to find out for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I am going to try out your recipe - I can almost taste those chocolate chips melting... Are you posting this on our family recipe blog?

My joyful experience was areading an article in the BYU Magazine about Yeah Samake from Mali, a young man who's made a big difference from his country and will continue to do so because of his passion and his work. I felt inspired as I read the difference he is making. And that it all started with his father who sacrificed so that all 18 of his children were educated inspite of poverty. Education and its application are great keys to joy for me.

Markell said...

I watched a little one recently who requested chocolate chip cookies for lunch so since it wasn't my child, I obliged (plus it gave me a chance to try your recipe).

Yummy! Her mother made the suggestion of trying it with chocolate pudding (or butterscotch, etc.) I haven't tried that variation yet, but thought I'd pass it on.