Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 281: Hard Core

We had some friends over for dinner tonight.  The wife is one of my good friends whom I truly admire and try to be like.  And I wanted to get to know her husband better.  Not surprisingly, I really like him too.

We enjoyed a yummy dinner and lots of great conversation.  The kids ate quietly for about 3 minutes and then all vanished to play downstairs.  They had a bit of a rough start because Little M can get a tad wound up when guests come over.  But after a few Time Outs, he remembered to play nice.  And then they all had a great time playing together.  They have a boy about the same age as Little M and the two of them are like two peas in a pod and they just love playing together.  It was so sweet to hear them all giggling (until I realized that the giggles were coming because of a combined effort to tip the couch over!).

Anyway, the whole evening was a Joyful Moment spending time with friends and getting to know them a bit better.  We played "Blokus" and for some reason HH kept saying it was "hard core".  Well, if you've ever played the game then you would probably be wondering what exactly made it hard core.  I still am.  I just love my HH.

And I got to eat one of my favorite chocolate chip cookies!  Joyful Moment!

Wishing you all hard core Joyful Moments!

2 comments:

Linda said...

FUN! One of my joyful moments was your phone call this morning. THANKS! Another was visiting my father's only surviving sibling, my Aunt Delsie. How wonderful to live close enough to do that. And together we celebrated my magnificent dad and wished him a very happy 95th birthday!

Meg said...

Umm... I remember a hardcore game of Blokus with you. Thanks to some competitiveness on some people's part...

Oh and my joyful moment was sleeping in!