Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 284: Ladies

I forgot about a pretty satisfying Joyful Moment I had yesterday.  I made roasted veggies for dinner--and I made up the recipe for them.  HH was more than a little wary when I informed him that that was our main course.  But he has since told me multiple times that it was actually quite good.  And it was!  And, perhaps the best part is that I could feed it to Baby B.  Thumb sucking + baby food = INSANE messiness.  Plus, he doesn't always seem to enjoy baby food.  But he LOVED munching on mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots last night.  And he didn't even need a bib!

Anyway, onto today's Joyful Moments.

I think I've mentioned Visiting Teaching before on this blog.  Basically, it's a program in our church where we check up on each other and make sure everyone is doing okay.  So, a friend of mine and I are assigned to go visit certain women in our congregation.  I'll be totally honest and admit that I've really slacked off in this department since the arrival of Baby B.  I've done it a bit, but not really the way it's supposed to be done and definitely not consistently.  But today we were able to visit two of the three women on our list.  And it was so wonderful.  Because these women are truly my friends and I love spending time with them.  It was uplifting and fun and Joyful!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that don't require bibs!

1 comment:

Linda said...

My joy came from adversity today. When I opened my freezer to put in some chicken and hams I discovered that everything inside was thawing. YIKES!!! I wished I hadn't bought more. I was sure that I could NOT fit it all in my frig freezer. But somehow it all fit - perfectly! Like I couldn't have put in one more thing. And I kept the cheese and bread in the freezer because it was cold enough for them. It was a miracle! And it turned out to be a blessing that I bought food to go in my freezer so that I found the problem before anything was ruined.