Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 375: Baby Boot Camp

No, it wasn't a boot camp for babies.  Or, even for people who have babies.  It was just a baby of a boot camp.

I was invited to teach an exercise class for the Young Women (girls ages 12-18) at church tonight.  And I decided to do a boot camp type activity, so we could incorporate aerobic, resistance training, and stretching.  HH says that I tend to go overboard and make things too hard when I teach exercise classes/activities.  So, this time I took it down a notch and made sure to have modifications for every activity.  And then I ran HH through an abbreviated version of it and I got the stamp of approval from him!

Then I went and did it with the girls.  It's hard to say because I don't know most of them very well at all, but I thought it went over pretty well.  If anything, it could have been a little tougher, but at least it didn't leave any of them feeling discouraged.  It was a lot of fun and I was really proud of myself.  Then I concluded by reading parts of the last half of The Word of Wisdom, from the Doctrine and Covenants.  I'm not qualified to dispense much nutritional advice, but it doesn't get more sound than that.

Anyway, the whole night was my Joyful Moment.  I came home completely pumped!  Seriously, I am so fired up, I don't think I'll be able to sleep!

Maybe, I need to get out more.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that get you too fired up for sleep!

1 comment:

Linda said...

So, were you able to sleep? I wish I'd been at your activity. I'm so lucky to be your mom; why don't you move next door so you can lead a class with me EVERY day!

Inspired by your dejunking, I cleaned out a closet in one of our guest rooms. I should have done a before & after pic. Before the contents of the closet were overflowing into the bedroom. And now there's room for a guest to actually hang clothes & put shoes on the floor. It feels so good!