Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 387: Kneaded

Today was crazy.

I wish I could say that my Joyful Moment was hearing Justin Bieber's "Never Say Never" for the first time--just out of principle.  But it absolutely was not.  In fact, I couldn't even listen to more than 7 seconds of it.  Sorry, JB.

But this morning I made bread.  My bread recipe that I seem to tweak just a bit more each time.  And, though it was amazing the first time I tried it, it gets better and better with each little tweak.  Plus, I just love baking.  I've been realizing over the last few months just how therapeutic baking is for me.  I LOVE BAKING!

So, today's Joyful Moment was both making and eating my bread.

Wishing you all whole-grain goodness with your Joyful Moments--with or without Justin Bieber, depending on your preferences!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

a huge without for me.

Linda said...

I wish I were there to have a hot slab or that bread! My mouth is watering.

We slept almost 9 hours last night - unheard of!!! And then spent the day doing things for your G&G - repairs, dusting, and a few other "to do" items. I spent the afternoon visiting with them and your dad spent it helping Don lay tile for their kitchen countertop. We ended the day picking up chinese and eating it at the rehab center with your grandparents, Don & Kathy. Lots of chopstick fun!