Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 386: Downhill

That's how our day went.  Not that things are perfectly dreadful right now, they just aren't great.  Baby B developed a fever during church that just got worse and worse as he grew more and more lethargic and sad.  So, he and I rushed over to the urgent care and then to the pharmacy for yet another antibiotic to treat yet another ear infection (I questioned the doctor about prescribing the antibiotic and boy, did I get an earful!)

He is just the saddest I've ever seen him.  And it's SO sad.

And then, we're watching a friend's son for a few days while she and her husband are out of town.  He's been pretty mellow and good, but my children have turned into maniacal monsters.  And there's NO school tomorrow!  I'm scared...

But this morning, after Baby B finished nursing, he just lay in my bed with me and we snuggled and smiled together.  He wasn't acting sick yet, so we just enjoyed cuddling and bonding.  And that was my Joyful Moment.  And based on how the rest of his day went, I'm pretty sure that was Baby B's Joyful Moment as well.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and days that go uphill!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Today was the most relaxed day I've had in years. To the point of boring rather than joyful. But my body is totally appreciating the down time. Also, we spent all day with your G&G, which was quite a blessing.