Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 402: I've Got The Fever

If you're concerned that this is going to be another sappy lovey-dovey post about my sweet HH--it's not.  But if you asked me if I had that kind of fever, I'd have to answer "Guilty as charged."

Sadly, the fever referenced in today's title belonged to Sweet P and it was the deathly ill kind.  Don't worry, I always claim any sort of illness as being "deathly ill".  But this was a pretty bad one.  Resulting in her very first Sick Day as a Kindergarten student.  It was a very sad morning.  She had a pretty high fever and was quite weepy.  Then around lunch time, she began crying due to a very painful headache.  I don't like to medicate, but had to give in at this point.  After a dose of ibuprofen and a cold pack on her forehead, she finally fell asleep.

And then woke up 1/2 hour later ready to go.  And since I'm sure most, if not all, of you have had the experience of caring for someone you love and adore when they are deathly ill, you can imagine that this was today's Joyful Moment.  Her fever had broken and her headache was gone.  By the time HH arrived home from work, she was down stairs laughing and squealing with Little M as they played some crazy game.

Hoo-Ray!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with only Love Fevers and no Deathly Ill Fevers!

2 comments:

Amy said...

glad she's feeling better! It was good to talk to you a couple of days ago-sorry I had to go so abruptly. I actually did need to go, but didn't mean to hang up so quickly. Anyway, hope we talk again soon!

Linda said...

I had the same kind of day - Meg developed an allergy to her antibiotic and nausea from one of her pain meds. Rough day for her. But I enjoyed being with her and her cute little guy for another day.