Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 412: A Day Late

But hopefully, not a dollar short.

So, those of you who frequently travel the blogosphere already know about yesterday.  I didn't learn about yesterday until, well, yesterday.  So, I was unable to give you advance warning to the fact that I would be intentionally missing my first post ever.  Which I'll be making up with by double posting today.  So, even though we missed yesterday, fortunately, there is still plenty of time to get involved.

And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, let me esplain.

(I copied the following links and a lot of the text from my good friend Laura and her blog Life Is Beautiful With A Bow.  Like everything that she does it is darling and pretty and perfect.)

First, Utterly Engaged and Ever Ours have teamed up to create For Japan With Love. They planned a Day of Silence for yesterday in honor of Japan.  They will also be donating money raised to Shelterbox, an organization which sends emergency shelter and other lifesaving supplies.

Second, Sachiko over at 
Tea Rose Home is from Japan and her family lives in one of the hardest hit areas. She is trying to spread the word to get people involved in helping Japan any way we can.


Also, Heather at 
{House} of A La Mode is organizing a way to donate quilts. You can find details here about her modern relief effort.

{ modern } relief - japan

Last, a wonderful place to donate funds is to 
LDS Humanitarian Aid Fund. 100% of the donation goes straight to helping those in need. You can request that it go to efforts in Japan, as well. This is where I am donating because I know all of it it will go straight to the place it is needed.

So, yesterday's Joyful Moment was being a part of something much bigger than myself and sharing in one of those experiences that unifies us as it brings out our humanity and generosity and love for others.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and many thoughts and prayers to those in Japan.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for the meaningful blog post. I know that I can't comprehend what those people are enduring.

Several joyful moments today, including lunch w/ Sandy, Ann, Laura, & her 2 sweeties and scrumpious key lime pie and games w/ Art & Sandy this evening. Friends are a sweet gift.