Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 967: Fun And Games

We had a plethora of these today!

We started the morning off with Minute To Win It, designed by my amazing and talented sister-in-law. Well, one of them.  It was seriously so much fun.  Lots of laughter, as usual.  She even managed to make it fun and doable for the littlest (well, almost) children.


Darling A opted out of the competition, preferring instead to be held by one of her adoring aunts.  That outfit she's wearing was another Joyful Moment.  It's from my s-i-l.  Isn't it so cute?

After that, I was ordered by HH to take a nap with Baby B.  My blood pressure issues have really taken  a hit while out here.  It's so hot and apparently, no one else keeps there house as cold as I do.  Did you know that being hot makes your blood pressure drop?  I could go into the physiology of it, but not today.  Combine that with the fact that I'm somewhat of a water snob and haven't been drinking nearly enough ever since we left home (we just have really yummy tasting water in the North Pole!) and I think my blood pressure is near zero over nil.  So, everything goes black every time I stand up.  It's fun!

The nap was not a Joyful Moment, but snuggling with Baby B was.

After that we went to a swimming pool/water park.  That was not my favorite since I ended up just sitting on the sidelines with Darling A and Baby B all by myself for the majority of the time.  It got better when my mom showed up and sat with me (she has a lovely boot due to a broken foot).  There were some Joyful Moments when I got to take photos of the kids and the dads coming down the water slides together.  So fun!

This evening we went to dinner, just the grown ups and Darling A.  Dining out with my family was a great Joyful Moment.  We shared funning dating stories from our pasts and HH had everyone roaring with laughter at his.  That was a Joyful Moment for me.  He's a funny guy.

Not to be confused with a fun guy (fungi), as my brother would say.

This would be a very different blog if my brother wrote it.

I miss both of my brothers.  Neither of them were able to make it to the family reunion this year.  Sad.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments where everyone is present!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aaahh...good memories. Miss you.
My JM was going to Scott's beading ceremony (he finished his wood badge ticket this summer) and hearing all the good things people had to say about him and his owl troop!

Cheryl said...

Miss you too! Tell Scott congratulations!