Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 973: Darling A's First Play Date

Today started out well.  I was a bit tired and sore from yesterday's run, but this morning's run was still nice and enjoyable.  On the way home, I received a phone call from my good friend who had her first baby a few weeks after Darling A was born, asking if she could come over to visit!

I was so excited, I think I actually screamed a bit.

It was so much fun to see and visit with her, though.  And hold her adorable and beautiful baby girl!  Joyful Moments so much!  Thank you for coming, Friend!  I loved finally getting the chance to talk to you and hear all about everything!

It's a good thing the first have of the day was so fabulous because the second half was less so, to say the least.  The kids were all crazy and whiny.  I love them, but some days... I just really wanted to lock myself and Darling A in my room and stay there until HH got home.  But, we all survived.  Without Mommy having to take any time outs.

Needless to say, HH coming home and laying my head in his lap and whining all about the second half of my day (I'd already spoken to him on the phone earlier to tell him how great the first half of my day was) was a Joyful Moment in it's own way.

I love my HH.

Then, we had to take Sweet P in for some lab work tonight.  Never a Joyful Moment, but she was brave and it went well.  And after, we took the kids out for ice cream and watching their Joyful Moment at that was a Joyful Moment.  Until it got really sticky and messy.

I hate messes.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are squeaky clean!

No comments: