Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 982: My Friends Are Awesome

Yoga was great this morning.  Our regular instructor is back and I didn't have to teach!  She's amazing. She killed my abs.  This was a Joyful Moment because I'm really missing my abs since getting pregnant and having a baby and I know this is the quickest way to find them again.  This was also a Joyful Moment because I finally feel that I know and am friends with most of the yoga peeps.  This is the kind of thing that makes me happy.

Then the rest of the day was kind of 'meh'.  I was able to get a little straightening done while Darling A napped not in my arms.  That was nice because the clutter in my house is taking over.  So, that was a Joyful Moment.

Little M got to go to a birthday party that we originally thought he couldn't because of my party.  So, he pointed out the silver lining on the cloud that cancelled my party (no pun intended (c:).  And then, I discovered that we had some stuff on hand to make a perfect gift for a 5-year old girl without having to run to Target.  Another Joyful Moment.  But the best part of that Joyful Moment was how excited Little M was to be able to give her a hair flower hand made by me.  Not the store bought pack of Littlest Pet Shop critters.  Is it normal to be that flattered by the admiration of a 5-year old?

Anyway, the day wore on and I kept waiting for the surprise that HH had hinted at.  I was completely baffled by the time dinner rolled around and instead of picking up a babysitter and heading out with him, I was making dinner and we were staying home and then he took all of the kids out to ride their bikes after while I cleaned up the kitchen.

I was beginning to think he really had nothing planned and was going to pretend that watching a movie borrowed from the library was almost as cool as a pool party with all of my friends.  (Birthday Diva strikes again!)  We got all of the kids to bed and I went back to my room to feed Darling A and read a book, having pretty much given up on the night.  But then, he told me to go into the living room.  And to bring my nursing cover up.

Wait... what?

Then I heard Sweet P excitedly call out, "Dad!  Look what's going on out front!"  And then a bunch of my girlfriends came in the front door, shouting "surprise!"

Apparently, they threw this all together last minute after seeing me at the baptism last night.  They had treats and cute (homemade!) gifts.  But most of all, it was the simple act of coordinating this and then just showing up that meant the most to me.  I couldn't believe how many of them came.  I feel honored to have such great, sweet, thoughtful, and fun friends.

It was just the girls, so we put on "The Hunger Games", at yummy food, and talked the night away.  Nobody really watched the movie.  There are plenty of us that have plenty to say.

I meant to get a picture of everyone all together, but I forgot.  So, here are some of my pretty friends.  Even two with babies about the same age as Darling A who ventured out in spite of the challenges accompanying going out with little babies.  My friends are awesome.
So, it ended up being an evening full of Joyful Moments and I went to bed with the Birthday Diva in me being fully satisfied and overwhelmed by the love and kindness of my friends.
I love my friends.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and truly awesome friends!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I like that I can identify so many of the people in your photo! You do have great friends. That's because YOU are a great friend to so many others. It looks like it was loads and loads of fun.

Today's JM's were moments spent with my HH, in a few different projects. He really wanted to go sailing and when that didn't work out he found other meaningul things to do that were helpful to me I love the guy!

Cheryl said...

Mom--Thanks. I hope I'm as good of a friend to my friend as they are to me!

He is a good guy. I still want to go sailing with him some day!