Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 977: Sleepless Days

Darling A's schedule was all topsy turvey today.  She woke up plenty last night and then decided to join us during the morning fray of hectic frenzy in getting the kids to school.  Fortunately, my stalwart HH was able to stay home for a bit and help out.  I'd be lost without him.

And when I returned from my run (another 10k!), they told me she'd been awake most of the time.  And she took a brief nap on the way home and then woke up to hang out some more.  By the time I finally got her settled down, I barely had a chance to lay down myself before Baby B woke up and came into my room screaming.

Ah, such fun.

HH listened kindly and offered to come home, but I told him we'd try to manage.  And manage we did.  Joyful Moment was picking up the pizza from Papa John's.  It was free.  Free dinner I didn't have to make.  Joyful Moment.

And, of course, the evening went much better once HH got home.  We had a good Family Home Evening and a happy time together.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with free pizza to boot!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This was a rough day. I went to get the 3rd set of x-rays on my foot, and the Dr's office told me that it wasn't healing as it should so I need to see an orthopoedist. I needed to know more and asked lots of questions. later I was told that instead of forming new bone, the was some absorption going on. I asked what "absorption" meant and she declined to answer so I looked it up on-line and found that it means "dissolving" - Scared me to death! I was down down down for hours, especially because I couldn't reach my HH to discuss it. When he finally was able to call me back, he reminded me that the son of some good friends was an orthopoedist and had moved back to our area about a year ago. (This guy had been one of my Blazer Scouts about 25 years ago - My goodness, I must be old.) And to make a long story short, the Dr called back and is going to look at my x-rays tomorrow. Nice to have a JM to make this easier to deal with....

Cheryl said...

Mom! You should have told me all of this when we talked! My sleep-deprivation suddenly seems not so big...