Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 137: Oh, Henry!

We had those for dessert tonight. In honor of our dinner guest, Henry.

Henry was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday. We know it can be a bit overwhelming to join and not really know anyone in the congregation on Sunday, so we wanted to introduce ourselves and get to know him better.

He's really nice and a very gracious guest. So, it was an enjoyable evening and dinner. And it was the first time we've had anyone to dinner since Baby B was born. I enjoy that, so it was nice to do it again.

And he seemed pretty pleased when we pulled out dessert and HH explained to him why he'd requested I make them. And then he asked to take some home. It's always nice to have my cooking and baking appreciated, so that was a Joyful Moment for me.

Speaking of my baking--I haven't forgotten your requests for my cookie recipe. I just have to remember to bring my cookbook down to my computer room some time. It will come.

Wishing you Joyful Moments that involve both yumminess and flattery!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Tell Henry welcome from your parents also. What a wonderful way to do missionary work - Real friends help a new member in so many ways.

My joy was having my HH give first aid when I sliced my baby finger pretty severely last night. He knew what to do and he did it well. He's my hero all the time, and especially when I make a mistake.