Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 143: Yay, Dad!

Can you name the movie? Mega bonus points if you can.

I'll give you a hint: A little turtle waving a flag says that line.

That is a good hint.

So, today's Joyful Moment was, of course, brought to us by the two main men in my life--HH and my mom's HH.
They are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Seriously. I just love and adore the both of them.

My dad has always been my hero. He's worked hard my whole life (and longer) to take care of my mom and all of us kids. He taught me how to fish, ride a bike, and how to tell him when it was time for him to change my oil. He would have taught me how to change my oil myself except for a very unfortunate event when he was teaching my older sister how to change the oil in her car. In more recent years he's taught me about praying and drawing nearer to my Savior. He's taught me about humility. And he's provided comfort, advice, and love all the while. I could not be more blessed! Talking him today was a fabulous Joyful Moment.

And then there's my HH. He is the best father I could ask for my children. He also works super hard to take care of our family. He juggles a million responsibilities and still comes home with the energy and desire to play with the kids, teach them to read and also all about crazy exotic animals. He makes up amazing stories starring them for bed each night. He loves them so deeply. And he helps me become the mom I want to be. I love you! Trying to make today special for him was another Joyful Moment. And all of his kind comments regarding how great today was were more Joyful Moments.

Yay, Dads!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments featuring some baby daddy!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Robin Hood (Disney)...I would have been one of those pioneers...no wait, they didn't have DVDs back then.

Linda said...

Thanks for your tribute, Cheryl. I couldn't agree more. love you!