Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 613: Someone Else's Children

So, I kind of have two things going on in tonight's post.

After my grandma's death two years ago, a whole stash (enough to fill a whole room) of ungiven gifts were found among her posessions.  She was always a generous woman and wanted to have a supply on hand, so she always had something to give.  We were allowed to go in and pick out items for each member of our family.  I was pregnant with Baby B at the time, so I wanted to get him something as well, so he would have a connection to this wonderful woman he'd never meet in this life.


As soon as I saw these overalls, I knew.  There was a great chance they are exactly what she would have given me for him (along with a beautiful homemade quilt, like the ones his older siblings received).  I suppose it's a simple thing, but every time he wears them, it's a Joyful Moment.  I love my grandma.


After the past few weeks I've been having, seeing the happiness on my face as I listen to Little M was another Joyful Moment.


As was this impromptu "family photo".  Once HH gets started with the camera, he can't seem to stop!

Anyway, the Joyful Moment I intended to post before finding these cute pictures taken by HH this evening has to do with volunteering in Sweet P's classroom for the first time.  I didn't get to do anything with her, but instead tested some of the other kids on their reading and then helped two little boys who are a little behind.  They were so darling and sweet.  It's such a wonderful age.  They are still so innocent and trusting and open.

I'll be honest, usually I struggle with other people's children.  Horrible, I know.  But today it wasn't that way at all.  I had such a wonderful time and it was truly a Joyful Moment helping them.

Sweet P was more than a little disappointed that I didn't get to help her, however.  Hopefully, there will be more opportunity for that in the coming weeks.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and a chance to see that happiness on your own face!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it when people are happy... XO

Cheryl said...

Tadoette--Thanks! Me, too!

Linda said...

A great way to turn our thoughts to the great woman your grandma was and to remember yet another of her virtues. I'm trying to become more like her.

Great to talk to you again - I love you!

Cheryl said...

Mom--I agree on all points!