Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 632: Learning the Nikon Ropes

While playing at the shooting range on Saturday, one of my friends (who happens to be a CameraGenius) started trying to teach me how to use my camera.

You know--the one I got a couple months ago?

I've tried to kind of teach myself by experimenting with all sorts of various settings and button pushing.  Apparently, the camera doesn't reset itself every time I turn it off, like I thought it did.  What I had was a very mixed up camera.  Which explained why my pictures seemed to be getting less impressive all the time.

So, CameraGenius helped fix my settings and then began showing me how to do some basic things with it.  It was a little overwhelming because I'm apparently quite slow when it comes to learning how to use a camera, but it was exciting, too because I REALLY want to learn how to take better pictures!

And today it inspired me to find an opportunity to break out the actual manual and do some more learning on my own.  Mostly, it ended up being a review of the things she had taught me.  But going over them twice, once being told and once being read, was quite helpful and made it stick in my fuzzy brain a little better.

Of course, this was during Sweet P's TaeKwonDo class, so I had to look up intermittently to see how she was doing.  Very cute.

Anyway, so finally making the time to do something I've REALLY been wanting to do for a while was today's Joyful Moment.  And it made me happy.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make you happy!

1 comment:

Linda said...

YEA for your camera knowledge and skills!!!

My JM was that suddenly we are leaving to visit your big bro's family 24 hours earlier than planned. All the stars aligned - my HH can take another day off, I was able to trade days working at the temple, and all other details fell into place. HOORAY!